June 23, 2011

A relationship is like couture. If it doesn’t fit perfectly, it’s a disaster.”

I was watching an old episode of SATC, the one where Big rescues Carrie in Paris. She gives a very emotional yet inspirational speech to Aleksandr Petrovsky about her as being someone who is looking for love. Real love;

"I am someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous inconvenient consuming can't live without each other love. And I don't think that love is here."

It made me relate to Carrie in the sense that I have the same beliefs about Love. The all or nothing kind of love. I am such a hopeless romantic, I dream about things in my life being like film love scenes, I shed tears to old mushy love songs and I cry when the princess finds her prince in Disney movies. I keep love quotes, have a 'love' song play-list and I watch the same rom-coms over and over again in the hope that one day, just like Carrie, I find Real love. On that note I was thinking about getting a 'love tattoo' What do you think would be a traditional love approach and not something tacky?...

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you all the way on that one! Only thing is the romance is always in my imagination and not in my reality.. Ah well, someday! I'm so terrible at choosing tattoos- it's why I don't have one. I know that if I got it, I'd regret not choosing another design :P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small heart would be cute? I'm a giant fan of SATC. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete